Our first step in treating patients with gum recession is to help identify the cause of the problem. This can include poor hygiene, tobacco usage or periodontal disease. After identifying the cause, we will develop the right treatment plan to heal the damage and prevent further symptoms from developing. Treatments may include cosmetic or restorative surgery performed by our team of specialists in close collaboration with your regular dentist.
It's important to treat receding gums as soon as they are diagnosed in order to reduce symptoms and prevent long-term damage, including:
- Sensitive teeth
- Unprotected roots
- Toothy smile
- Bad breath
- Inflammation and bleeding
If you have been diagnosed with gum recession or have concerns about your gums, contact The Dental Specialists today to schedule your appointment.
What to Expect
When receiving treatment for gum recession at The Dental Specialists, you should expect to:
- Receive efficient, personalized care
- Understand all of your options as well as the benefits and risks
- Be treated in a manner that makes you as comfortable as possible throughout your entire visit
- Receive thorough instructions regarding post-treatment care and any follow-up procedures
Questions to Ask
- How can I prevent gum recession from happening or getting worse?
- What treatment options are available?
- What follow-up procedures do I need to ensure the success of my treatment?