Helping Patients Achieve Beautiful Smiles
Shawn D. McCarthy, DDS, MS
Specialist in Orthodontics
- Bachelor of Science, Biology (2007) University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (2011) University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Certificate in Orthodontics (2013) University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Master of Science, Dentistry (2013) University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Working as an orthodontist has allowed me to make a difference in the lives of others by creating beautiful smiles.”
Request an Appointment with Dr. McCarthy
Our Orthodontics Locations
12904 Central Ave NE
Blaine, MN 55434-4147
Coon Rapids / Riverdale
3360 Northdale Blvd NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55448-1825
Maple Grove – We’ve Moved!
15701 Grove Circle North
Maple Grove, MN 55369
The Dental Specialists Patient Satisfaction Ratings
Patient satisfaction ratings represent the average score of all patients who voluntarily complete a survey from Press Ganey, a nationally recognized firm dedicated to improving patient experience. Since we began sending our survey, over 6,500 The Dental Specialists patients have contributed to the overall patient experience by completing this survey.
Orthodontics is Often The Ideal Solution
Common reasons for orthodontics include:
- Fix spacing issues caused by excessive gaps or overcrowded teeth
- Properly align your bite by eliminating overbites, underbites and other alignment issues
- Create room for erupting teeth
- Promote healthy jaw growth and enhance the appearance of your smile
When these issues aren’t properly addressed, patients can experience a wide range of health and self-esteem issues. You may develop speech problems or eating difficulties. Being self-conscious about the appearance of your smile can cause many emotional and social disorders. Fortunately, orthodontics can reduce these feelings and give you a smile you’ll be proud to share.
Not Just Braces
Although people typically associate orthodontics with braces, there are many different options for patients that don’t involve a full set of traditional metal braces. The orthodontists at The Dental Specialists fully evaluate your mouth and oral health history to help you determine the right treatment plan for you. Unlike risky online treatments, our doctors are with you throughout the entire process. During your initial consultation, we’ll explain all your treatment options as well as the estimated time and approximate cost.
Learn more about our Orthodontics procedures: