Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
Practice Limited to Periodontics Including Implants
Locations and Hours Available
- Clinical Hours
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Business Office Phone Hours
Monday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
- Certificate in Periodontology (2009), University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, MN
- PhD in Oral Biology (2009), University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, MN
- Adjunct Associate Professor, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Graduate Periodontology
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association
- St. Paul District Dental Society
Providing all aspects of periodontal care with special interests in regenerative periodontics, periodontal plastic surgery and dental implants.
When not in the practice, Dr. Zhang enjoys reading, music, movies, good food and spending time with family and friends.
Refer a Patient to Dr. Zhang
Zhang G, Chen R, Rudney JD. Streptococcus cristatus modulates the Fusobacterium nucleatum-induced epithelial interleukin-8 response through the nuclear factor-kappa B pathway. J Periodontal Res. 2011 Oct; 46(5):558-67. (Abstract)
Zhang G, Rudney JD. Streptococcus cristatus attenuates Fusobacterium nucleatum-induced cytokine expression by influencing pathways converging on nuclear factor-kB. Mol Oral Microbiol. 2011 Apr; 26(2):150-63. (Abstract)
Zhang G, Chen R, Rudney JD. Streptococcus cristatus modulates epithelial proinflammatory response induced by Fusobacterum nucleatum through NF-kB signaling pathway. (2008 Balint Orban Memorial Program Abstract), J Periodontol. 2008; 79(9): 1809-1814.
Zhang G, Chen R, Rudney JD. Streptococcus cristatus attenuates Fusobacterium nucleatum-induced interleukin-8 expression in oral epithelial cells. J Periodont Res 2008; 43: 408–416. (Abstract)
Johnson JD, Chen R, Lenton PA, Zhang G, Hinrichs JE, Rudney JD. Persistence of extracrevicular bacterial reservoirs after treatment of aggressive periodontitis. J Periodontol. 2008;79(12):2305-12. (Abstract)
Rudney JD, Chen R, Zhang G. Streptococci dominate the diverse flora within buccal cells, J Dent Res. 2005; 84(12):1165-71. (Abstract)